What do I need to apply to CCFE?
- Leaving Cert/LCVP/LCA or equivalent
- FETAC/QQI Level 4 qualifications
- Mature applicants welcome (Over 23)
- Suitable of all applicants will be determined at interview
Check for additional specific requirements on courses
Where can I get more information?
Talk to your guidance counsellor or call to the college for a chat or fill in the form on the Contact Us Page.
What does it cost?
At Castlebar College of Further Education we try to keep costs as low as possible. There is a €50.00 online application fee, ( non-refundable) which must be submitted with the completed application form. Without this fee the application is not valid. In 2010, the budget introduced a €200 PLC Government Levy. The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the levy:
- Full medical- card holders in their own right and their dependent children
- Those who are eligible under the student grant scheme
- Those in receipt of the Back to Education Allowance
- Those in receipt of Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS ) allowances.
- Documentation must be provided to College office to avail of any exemptions
There are additional charges for printing and for art/craft materials, First Aid, and Manual Handling Training. FETAC/QQI examination fees must also be paid, subject to exemptions.