Any Arts course will make rigorous demands in research, assimilation of new ideas, collation, compilation and presentation of work. This course will provide an ideal platform for students wishing to progress to University courses in the Humanities through a thorough preparation in all these areas, while also giving an invaluable insight into a broad range of subject matter.
The QQI link system provides for transfer to a huge range of IT and University courses from this certificate area. Examples include BA in Heritage Studies in GMIT (GA272) and University Arts courses.
Sample progression routes include:
- NUI Galway – Arts (Joint Honours)
- NUI Maynooth – Arts
- UL – Arts (Joint Honours) / Politics & International Relations
- DCU – Arts, Post-Primary Religious Teacher Ed. with History / Music / English
- Marino Institute – Education Studies / Early Childhood Education
Any of the following would satisfy entry requirements:
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP or Leaving Certificate Applied
- A FETAC Level 4 qualification
- Mature students (age 23+) are also welcome to apply
Additional/Specific Subject Requirements for this course: An interest in research, writing and in the subject matter in general would be welcome.