This course provides students with knowledge, skills and understanding of diverse elements within the Sports and Leisure Industry. Students will be equipped with a variety of practical skills and knowledge required for the industry. This affords students the dual opportunity to either seek employment and/or progress their studies, at Third Level institutions, in the area of Sport and Leisure.
On successful completion of this course students may either choose to seek employment in the Sports and Leisure industry or progress to Third Level Institutions for Higher Education options:
Sample progression routes include:
- Limerick IT – Sports Development & Coaching Level 6
- Limerick IT – Sports Strength & Conditioning Level & and level 8
- NUI Cork – Sports Studies with P.E. Letterkenny IT – Sports Studies
- Athlone IT – Business, Sport and Recreation
- GMIT – Sport and Exercise Science
- Tralee IT – Health & Leisure Level 7 and 8
Any of the following would satisfy entry requirements
- Leaving Certificate/LCVP or Leaving Certificate Applied
- A FETAC Level 4 qualification
- Mature students (age 23+) are also welcome to apply.
Additional/Specific Subject Requirements for this course
Garda vetting muse be successfully completed. The practical elements of this course will take place using state of the art Physical Education Facilities in Davitt College, Castlebar.