- Leaving Cert/LCVP/LCA or equivalent
- FETAC/QQI Level 4 qualifications
- Mature applicants welcome (Over 23)
- Suitable of all applicants will be determined at interview
Check for additional specific requirements on courses
Talk to your guidance counsellor or call to the college for a chat or fill in the form on the Contact Us Page.
At Castlebar College of Further Education we try to keep costs as low as possible. There is a €50.00 online application fee, ( non-refundable) which must be submitted with the completed application form. Without this fee the application is not valid. In 2010, the budget introduced a €200 PLC Government Levy. The following categories of participant are exempt from paying the levy:
- Full medical- card holders in their own right and their dependent children
- Those who are eligible under the student grant scheme
- Those in receipt of the Back to Education Allowance
- Those in receipt of Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS ) allowances.
- Documentation must be provided to College office to avail of any exemptions
There are additional charges for printing and for art/craft materials, First Aid, and Manual Handling Training. FETAC/QQI examination fees must also be paid, subject to exemptions.